HomeForum Feedback

Comments, questions and suggestions can be posted in this area.

Analog Module Messages in this topic - RSS

Ralph
Ralph

10/18/2018
I am using a FC4A-LO3AP1 Analog Module and I am wanting to be able to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit but cannot get my ladder set up to perform this function. Does this Analog Module have the capabilities to do this type of function or is it only Celsius or only Fahrenheit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 link
Shane
Shane

10/19/2018
I don't believe you can switch the ANST configuration "on the fly" like that.

It's really simple to convert from C to F in the ladder, what are you having trouble with in your ladder setup?

One really simple way is to use the XYFS function. For example if using a Type K sensor setup as °C it will scale it from 0-13000 in the module. Setup the XYFS with X0 = 0, X1 = 13000, Y0 = 32, Y1 = 23432. Then use the CVXY and feed it the °C register and it will scale it to °F.

You can also just use math functions and convert it yourself.
0 link
Ralph
Ralph

10/23/2018
Shane,

Thanks for the reply and sorry I have not responded sooner. I am going to try and attach my ladder program so you can take a look and let me know if what I trying to do is possible. I want to place a bit button on my HMI program that will allow our customers to switch between C or F depending on where our units are being shipped. My program contains ladder information for three types of units Model 1522/1150/1101. The Model 1150/1101 use the same Analog Module that I described in my earlier email. I have limited programming knowledge/training and learning on the fly. I think the problem is that my ANST are using the same register D0760 number for the model 1101 and model 1150. Is there a way around this issue? Will the information below work? I tried to attach my ladder but for some reason it does not allow when I choose file.
0 link
Shane
Shane

10/26/2018
If the hardware and setup parameters are the same for both the 1101 and 1150 it shouldn't matter that you use the same ANST. If you want to alter your program setup for different models you could re-initialize the analog cards after the program is running by triggering an SOTU from an HMI button that selects the equipment model. You might have to use a retentive bit or something to keep the values on a power cycle so you didn't have to push the model select button each time the power was cycled. I really think that isn't necessary though unless your scaling or setup is different for each model.

You just need to get one value from the temperature and then manipulate that value elsewhere in the ladder or in the HMI to display whatever you want the operator to see on the HMI. Pretty simple.

To attach a file you might have to have a minimum post count, not sure.
0 link