HomeHG1G/2G/3G/4G

4.3" to 12.1" Operator Interface with all the advance functions.

More Users Please Messages in this topic - RSS

DaDaDadeo
DaDaDadeo

10/28/2018
There are currently15 available users. Is there the possibility that there will be more available on future revisions? This will help with providing more options for end users to comply with 21 CFR 11.
0 link
lindahtay
lindahtay
Administrator

10/29/2018
Thanks for using IDEC. I'll work with R&D Engineers to improve this feature in the near future.
0 link
DaDaDadeo
DaDaDadeo

25 days ago
Any updates? We just had a request for 40 users. Thanks.
0 link
Shane
Shane

25 days ago
I've just done a project where we needed essentially as many users as necessary, for now I gave them up to 20 and and that covered them but more would be simple. I ended up creating an admin page on the HMI to allow the site manager to assign as many authorized user codes as they need. The sign in screen requests this code then the PLC logic compares what the user entered with the admin page authorized access numbers to determine if they are ok. If accepted it allows the user to proceed. This also made it much easier for the customer to edit, remove, or add, users as often as they need without getting into the program or requiring me to program in registers for user accounts and as there are only a very limited number of accounts available this was a win win.
0 link
DaDaDadeo
DaDaDadeo

24 days ago
I am going to do something similar. I will still use at least 3 of the built in users that have 3 different levels of security so that I will not have to go through the original structure and change all of the access areas. I plan on doing what you described along with a security level value assigned to each user. When a user logs in, the assigned level value will be used to select which of the WindI/O embedded users will be activated by using the "Change User by Device Address" feature.
0 link