HomeForum Feedback

Comments, questions and suggestions can be posted in this area.

HG3G Multi-media Audio input Messages in this topic - RSS

Turndata
Turndata

4 days ago
Has anyone found a microphone that will work with the HG3G HMI?

We have tried multiple makes and models; IDEC Support has indicated that it will require a high impedance of 60K or more. The problem with that, is that, no one makes a 60K high impedance mike. The mic input is NOT powered (no voltage at the plug which means that the HG3G has no "INPUT" amplification). The volume control does work but with garbage in means garbage out (just louder). Higher quality microphones will be low impedance, only cheap microphones are usually designed with medium-high impedance coils.

Without any luck, we have tried matching transformers; low -> high impedance (low impedance microphones to high impedance output to match the IDEC input)

Application #1 Using a shotgun directional mic and video camera to be pointed at a turret lathe. The lathe can recognize when the tooling has broke. This will be the trigger for the camera / mic to save the recorded information (10 secs prior to breakage). This will enable us to automatically change turret speeds and feed depth on the fly after some trial and error.

Application #2 During a 2 man setup on a large machine (web press) it would be possible that the HMI could provide 2 way communication between operators and/or maintenance. Again, no microphone has been found to provide a high quality voice audio; out of 6 microphones tried, none produced clarity nor enough volume even to hear in an office environment.

Only looking for make and model of known microphones that actually work.... too many have made suggestions as to what "MIGHT" work...
0 link
Shane
Shane

3 days ago
I've never had need for the mic so haven't tried it. I will try some mics I have out and see if I have any luck.
0 link
Turndata
Turndata

23 hours ago
Hello Shane, This quest has been going on since the 1st of the year so I don't expect an immediate solution. Since this is your (IDEC) Flagship model for multi-media, I would have thought that there would be more information available.
0 link