HomeMicroSmart FC6A

A powerful micro PLC with the features of a PAC making it an ideal fit for demanding applications.

24 hour timer with selectable time, IE 7 AM Messages in this topic - RSS

a062549
a062549

12/13/2019
I have a flowmeter logging to a SD Card in my FC6A. One record for total volume per day happening at midnight using a WEEK command
The operator wants to be able to change the time in which resets the pulse counter.
I'm sure I'm over thinking this but stuck I am.
0 link
Shane
Shane

12/17/2019
Do you have a project started and can't get it to work or stuck just getting started? If you have a project already you can share it and we can take a look and offer suggestions.

Sounds like your timer will just reset the flow pulse counter once a week but you'll probably want to move that value to another register to track long term and only reset the weeks total.

Can you explain what you are trying to do in a little more detail?
+1 link
a062549
a062549

12/17/2019
Thanks Shane
I haven't used a IDEC a lot as I come from Oil & Gas, but I'm now adding the FC6A to an amount of flow meters.
They produce both a pulse and analog signal. (The modbus option wasn't chosen when they were first installed)
Thinking the WEEK command is what I am using now, but would like to make it selectable as some of the parties have a different "contract hour". I have it functional now and will have to add some points for the operators but will hope to get it up here later this weekend. I also have to get a easy webpage built in it for my first time with this option.
I have to tinker getting a cell signal for the modem as most of these site a quite remote.
edited by a062549 on 12/17/2019
0 link
a062549
a062549

12/20/2019
Find attached the program I'm writing for the flow meter. I have commented issues in rung comments. (My learning curve is almost straight up)
Any help is greatly appreciated.
John

Attachments:
Water_Meter.pjw
0 link