HomeOther OI Touchscreens

Discussion about other legacy OI Touchscreens

HG2F-SS22VF HMI program extraction Messages in this topic - RSS

Shane
Shane

12/17/2015
I have one of these HMI's that has been running in the field for a number of years. It was configured for serial communications to a Siemens S7-200 PLC. It recently lost communications. I have the HMI back and am trying to extract the program. I can connect, it attempts to upload the program but always fails at some point. Not always on the same part of the upload according to the upload log. If it will help I can take some screen shots of the dialog box.

Thanks.
0 link
lindahtay
lindahtay
Administrator

12/18/2015
Hi Shane,
This is an older HMI unit that we had. What is the programming cable part number? The standard cable part number is HG9Z-XCM1A; this is a serial cable between your PC and the HMI. If your PC does not have a 9 pin serial connector, you can use IDEC USB to Serial converter. The part number is FC4A-USB.
0 link
Shane
Shane

12/21/2015
I've been using the HG9Z-XCM1A with a USB to serial adapter. I've used it successfully before on other older HMI's. I'm willing to try other things. I think we have one of the USB to serial cables around here, I'll try and track it down and try that.

I'm attaching a screen shot of the dialog window that shows the failure. It seems to hang at this same spot most of the time but it has passed this file at least once only to get hung up on another file. I didn't screen shot that one.

0 link
Shane
Shane

12/22/2015
As I had the HMI powered up throughout the day I noticed that it would periodically start power cycling off/on rapidly. If I powered it off then back on it would sometimes correct itself. It would be really good if I can get the program off this HMI if you can think of anything else I can try. I managed to extract the PLC program off the old S7-200 Siemens PLC but it did not upload with comments or tag names so it's going to require a significant amount of reverse engineering to figure out all the addresses to program a new HMI. May end up having start from scratch...
0 link
lindahtay
lindahtay
Administrator

12/28/2015
Hi Shane,
Sorry for the delayed response.
I was out sick last week.
Do you have a few mins we can discuss this on the phone?
Please feel free to contact me at 800-262-4332 ext. 5205
0 link
Shane
Shane

2/3/2016
Linda, thank you for the visit to our shop yesterday and all your help!

I pulled apart the HG2F and the backlight lamp was pretty "crispy". I unplugged the ballast for it from the main board and powered it up. Could not see the screen unless I shined my flashlight through the back. I tried the upload this way and it was successful. I now have the program so that is great news.

What is the closest currently available replacement for the HG2F-SS22VF? It is a color model. I assume this will be the HG2G-5FT22TF? This panel is using RS485 via the 25 PIN serial cable on the "SERIAL1" port. With no 25 PIN port on the new one I'll have to come up with an adapter.

I attached a few photos in case anyone is interested.

0 link