HomeFT1A SmartAXIS Touch

Our newest 3.8" operator interface touchscreen with built-in PLC.

Remote display for SmartAxis Touch Messages in this topic - RSS

philcsjc
philcsjc

7/6/2016
Is it possible to connect a PC to the SmartAxis Touch to remote display the contents of the LCD screen? From what I have researched so far,
it looks like I can connect to the SmartAxis via Modbus/TCP, but not sure where to go from there. Any suggestions?
0 link
Don Pham
Don Pham
Administrator

7/6/2016
Unfortunately this feature is not available in FT1A SmartAXIS Touch. This is something we're looking into but not available at this moment.
0 link
philcsjc
philcsjc

7/6/2016
Don Pham wrote:
Unfortunately this feature is not available in FT1A SmartAXIS Touch. This is something we're looking into but not available at this moment.

I am trying to connect to FT1A via modbus/tcp. Is it supported? If so, what TCP port should I specify?
0 link
Don Pham
Don Pham
Administrator

7/6/2016
Yes FT1A Touch supports Modbus TCP Client or Server. Modbus TCP port is default at 502. Are you configuring FT1A Touch as Client (Master) or Server (Slave)?

If configuring it as Client, please view this tutorial video below in this thread.

http://us.idec.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=12
edited by donp@idec.com on 7/6/2016
0 link
Shane
Shane

7/26/2016
I have successfully linked to a Touch via Modbus using Kepserver and a custom Excel sheet to show the values, bar graphs, etc. It's not the most straight forward solution but it's an option. I'd like to figure out a way that doesn't require the client to have Kepserver..
edited by shane on 7/26/2016
0 link
GSO Sales
GSO Sales

11 days ago
Given that it's been almost 4 years since the last post, is it now possible to use Excel to display values without having to use KepServer? I'm trying to setup something similar, i.e FT1A via ModBus and then use Excel to dsplay PLC data.
Shane wrote:
I have successfully linked to a Touch via Modbus using Kepserver and a custom Excel sheet to show the values, bar graphs, etc. It's not the most straight forward solution but it's an option. I'd like to figure out a way that doesn't require the client to have Kepserver..
edited by shane on 7/26/2016
0 link
Shane
Shane

7 days ago
I have not, you need a way to port the data over to Excel and I've not found another way to do that other than KepServer. Admittedly I have not spent that much time on it since then since I didn't have a need for it myself.
0 link