HomeAutomation Organizer Suite

General discussion about AO suite such as Upgrades, Installations, etc.

FC6A integration into WindCFG Messages in this topic - RSS

ChrisDShaw
ChrisDShaw

8/4/2016
Is there a date set to integrate the new FC6A series into WindCFG? Yes, I know WindLDR handles the FC6A but not being able to use them in CFG is a bit of a step backwards.
0 link
Don Pham
Don Pham
Administrator

8/5/2016
We're looking into this. Will provide update when I have concrete date.
0 link
ChrisDShaw
ChrisDShaw

10/9/2016
Any movement on an update for AO?
0 link
marshalhaupt
marshalhaupt

6/10/2019
I'm new to Idec gear and just purchased a FC6A controller. I can't seem to find it in WindCFG, either. Has this issue been resolved and I don't have updated software, or are we still waiting for this to happen?
0 link
marshalhaupt
marshalhaupt

6/11/2019
For those who may have this issue as well:

I spoke to Idec's Product Support and was informed that Idec is no longer updating WindCFG and will not make it available for any of their new PLCs. This is contrary to the fact that they sell this software with the product and advertise the two together on their website. Not an impressive start to using the gear.
0 link
Shane
Shane

6/18/2019
They keep including it with the software package for some still using the older equipment that might want it. I personally tried it on a few projects years ago but I prefer to keep the HMI and PLC programs separate, in my experience it was more efficient. I think this was the case with most people so they stopped doing updates on it.
0 link
marshalhaupt
marshalhaupt

6/18/2019
Thanks for the response Shane. I am finding that the other software is very good without the WindCFG program.
0 link