HomeMicroSmart Pentra

Discussion about our FC4A MicroSmart and FC5A MicroSmart Pentra.

Trying to understand HSC? Messages in this topic - RSS

Huntxtrm
Huntxtrm

9/10/2017
I am trying to program a HSC, 2 phase on a FC5A-C24-R2C. I am looking at the book, I have a question? I attached a snip of what I am looking at. From what I see, A is I0, B is I1. Q0 is a designated output for the timer? In the attached there is a Q0 NO, but no Q0 coil to fire the punch? Somebody please break this down for me.

0 link
Huntxtrm
Huntxtrm

9/10/2017
Little background on what I am doing. I work for a manufacturing company that has minimal PLC's in plant. Everything is ran by AMS controls. Well not everything. We just use it for reporting, inventory management, cutting, and counting. We are soon to start backing these machines up with PLC's to handle the stacking operations, and safety functions. I built this "Test Bed" to test programs, and to help me expand my knowledge of Idec PLC programing. Knowledge to be used inside and outside our plant. I am also going to use it to train fellow employees on trouble shooting hardware. I would call myself intermediate at programming. I have takin an Idec class in the past, going to take another in the very near future to help solidify what I have learned. Not much other Idec PLC training out there, so I am learning Idec the best way I can. Mostly YouTube, is all that I have found. Attached are a couple of pics of my "Test Bed".

0 link
C U R T I S
C U R T I S

1/28/2019
Got any response at all?
Theres another section more to solving the problem than what appears in 'HS Counter 2 Phase.PNG'
You need to configure the inputs you will be using, and determine where the count will be stored and what happens when the count hits final number. (Author caused Q1 to be asserted at the end of the count: "Comparison Output")
0 link
Qenaisar
Qenaisar

16 days ago
Thank you for such a detailed answer. I tormented myself with a similar question for several days. In doing so, I felt like keesh from the book "Life of Pi". Very little information on this topic and finding literature is not so simple.
0 link