HomeMicroSmart FC6A

A powerful micro PLC with the features of a PAC making it an ideal fit for demanding applications.

Momentary Button Using Image In Web Editor Messages in this topic - RSS

racs
racs

5/18/2019
Trying to use a button image from symbol factory to make a momentary button. All I can get it to do is work like a switch. Is there a way to change the image of the default button in web Editor or change the symbol factory image to work like a momentary?
0 link
Huntxtrm
Huntxtrm

5/31/2019
racs wrote:
Trying to use a button image from symbol factory to make a momentary button. All I can get it to do is work like a switch. Is there a way to change the image of the default button in web Editor or change the symbol factory image to work like a momentary?

Once you place the button on the screen area, double click on it. A dialog box will pop up. It has choices for momentary, toggle, set, reset, etc.... pic attached. is this what you are needing to do?

Attachments:
btton.PNG
0 link
racs
racs

24 days ago
Not getting an option like that when I double click. No dialog box. Using a FC6A-D16R1CEE PLC and the PLCs Web Page Editor. Dont see any options to change the graphic on the button.

Attachments:
Screenshot (15).png
0 link
Shane
Shane

24 days ago
The suggestion above was editing a button from in WindO/I so you won't see that dialog.

In your screen shot, see the "Mode: Simulation" in the upper right corner? Change that to Edit and you'll be able to double click your button and change it's action some. The default is not to act like a switch but there is a check box for that. Try that and see what you get.
0 link
racs
racs

23 days ago
Tried switching to Edit mode. Still no option that I can see to change the button graphic.

Attachments:
Screenshot (16).png
0 link
Huntxtrm
Huntxtrm

23 days ago
I will give it a go when I get in front of my plc. I will try and get you an answer. Unless someone, chimes in first.
0 link
Shane
Shane

23 days ago
Sorry I misunderstood what you were trying to do. I concur, it seems the button is fixed with that style and can only change the color, size, etc. I came up with a patch that might work for you. I made a lamp that does allow you to change the graphic and linked it to the button with different states for on/off. Then I made the button the same size as the lamp, changed all the colors to the background color to make it invisible then placed it behind the lamp. When you push the lamp with the button behind it the lamp changes to coincide with the momentary button state giving it the appearance of being the button.

Not ideal I know but I think will accomplish what you are trying to do.

...After further testing this patch does not work well as I thought. As I have some time I will continue to experiment with it but for now I don't have a good solution.
edited by Shane on 6/28/2019
0 link
Huntxtrm
Huntxtrm

23 days ago
Maybe they don't let you do momentary on a webpage, because of reaction time, lag? Don't know, just tossing that out there. Only reason, I can think of.
0 link
Shane
Shane

23 days ago
The button does have a momentary option so I don't think that's it. Racs apparently just wants to be able to change the graphic of the "button" but no option for that. If you add a switch you can change the graphic but then you don't have a momentary option.
0 link
Huntxtrm
Huntxtrm

13 days ago
I see what you are saying now. Must have just been an oversight by the developers?
0 link
Shane
Shane

10 days ago
I just tried it with the latest WindLDR ver 8.12.0 and it doesn't appear to have been updated. Still cannot change the graphic for a button.
0 link