HomeWindO/I-NV4

HG series configuration software

How to make top quality graphics? Messages in this topic - RSS

Barry
Barry

5/19/2019
Hello All

As the HG range of HMIs continues to develop, in particular with the HGxG-V having a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels, my question concerns making good quality vector format drawings for display on these high quality displays. The inbuilt drawing routine for NV4 certainly lacks some finesse, yet the quality of the drawings provided in the symbol library far outweigh anything that can be produced using the inbuilt editor software. In my view something must exist somewhere that was used to produce these originally? At the moment the display is let down by the inability to produce good quality graphics.

I have a need to display high resolution diagrams that I can draw in AutoCAD and it is fairly easy to convert these to SVG or SVGZ format files, yet it doesn't seem possible to import this type of file into either the picture manager of the symbol library. In fact the file formats made available are pretty dismal, for vector format files the only option I can find is for WMF!

I asked this question two years ago and I'm still hoping for a workable solution.

Best regards
Barry
0 link
Shane
Shane

5/22/2019
You can import images into symbol factory in .bmp .jpg, and .gif formats. Buttons in the upper left corner of the symbol factory has the buttons. Similarly you can import graphics files directly into WinO/I-NV4.
0 link
Barry
Barry

5/28/2019
Shane wrote:
You can import images into symbol factory in .bmp .jpg, and .gif formats. Buttons in the upper left corner of the symbol factory has the buttons. Similarly you can import graphics files directly into WinO/I-NV4.
Hi Shane

Yes, I know that files can be imported in a number of different photo formats, but in my experience this type of format doesn't lend itself well to producing line drawings such as may be found on process flow diagrams, particularly if they need resizing. This will become more of an issue as the resolution of the screens improves as it now has with the '-V' HMIs. To my mind it's a glaring omission that limits the quality of the displays that can be produced when it is necessary not to use the graphics provided in the symbol library. It seems to me that the competitors have much more sophisticated software for producing high quality presentation graphics?

It seems to me that a number of the graphics in the symbol library have originated from vector format graphics such as SVG format and somehow have been converted to the inbuilt graphics format used by the symbol library. There MUST be a conversion routine somewhere to do this so why isn't it available to the user?

In the meantime I'll continue to struggle with the limited tools made available!

Regards
Barry
0 link
Barry
Barry

6/9/2019
Hi there

What has happened to the symbol factory? There used to be some reasonable good interpretations of the HW range of switches and lamps. In this 'new', but not improved IMHO, they seem to have vanished and what is available is very second rate.

As I'm developing a project with the HG5G 15" display I'm using V1.11.1 of NV4, is this new version of the symbol factory supposed to be better?

I guess I can open my old version of NV4 on my laptop, export the HW graphics and import them back into the new symbol library?

Hmm, or am I missing something?

Regards
Barry
0 link
Shane
Shane

6/18/2019
Symbol factory is in there, just click on the Picture Manager in the project tree and the button for the Symbol factory is on the right side. Find the graphic you want and import it into the picture manager of the project.
0 link
Barry
Barry

6/18/2019
Shane wrote:
Symbol factory is in there, just click on the Picture Manager in the project tree and the button for the Symbol factory is on the right side. Find the graphic you want and import it into the picture manager of the project.
Hi Shane

Yes I know where the Symbol Factory is, my concern is the very limited graphics file types that can be imported, jpg,gif, bmp, xaml and that's the lot none of which are capable of producing a high quality graphic, at very least we should be able to import a vector graphic to allow for resizing with no loss of quality?

Where are png, psd, tif, ico, etc?

And not only that a number of the built in graphics for the LW switch range from earlier versions of NV2 have vanished!

It just seems to me that we have some really good hardware that's being let down by the software.

Barry
0 link
Shane
Shane

6/18/2019
True, software needs to catch up on the graphics side but not sure this is limited to IDEC. Even Allen Bradley is using Symbol Factory.
0 link
Barry
Barry

6/18/2019
I didn't know that, that's interesting and a little disappointing...
0 link
ananyagupta
ananyagupta

6 days ago
Here are some step to create top Quality Graphics

Step 1: Find Reliable Resources For Graphic Design Information
Step 2: Gather As Much Information As Possible On Design Theory
Step 3: Choose A Niche
Step 4: Acquire The Applications Needed For Your Area Of Design
Step 5: Use Various Resources To Master Your Design Application
To know more : https://www.cetpainfotech.com/technology/wireless-and-telecom-Training
0 link