HomeMicroSmart Pentra

Discussion about our FC4A MicroSmart and FC5A MicroSmart Pentra.

Newbie to PLCs Messages in this topic - RSS

Steven
Steven

7/9/2019
I am a newbie when it comes to maintaining PLCs for automation. I know my way around and how to hook them up, but programming in ladder is completely new.

My career has been spent in LabVIEW and NI Hardware.

My question is this, I have a pump control system that has a master/slave configuration. When trying to pull the program off the slave PLC, I wiped out the program. The program is still on the master and matches what I have saved in our repository.

I have only ever see one .pjw file for this setup.

Would the master and the slave have the same program or would each PLC have its own? I try to download the program to the slave and I keep getting an error stating that the module configuration is different.

The system is user controlled by a dual HMI setup.

Our pumps are down and I am trying to get this back up and running.
0 link
Shane
Shane

7/11/2019
You would need to look at the hardware. That error is normally caused by a mismatch with one of the add on modules attached to the PLC or perhaps the PLC model itself is different. If they are linked together via serial or Ethernet connection the programs can't be identical, at a minimum the IP or serial addresses would be different. If they are Modbus master & slave, each would have different connection settings to perform the data exchange. They would also have different remote hosts configured.
0 link