HomeForum Feedback

Comments, questions and suggestions can be posted in this area.

Multi-state lamps Messages in this topic - RSS

Ralph
Ralph

7/18/2019
How do you set up a multi-state lamp? Is there a video that I can watch show how to set up on the HMI and Ladder? I have an Icon on my HMI that I want to show in a off state, on state, and cycle end state. State one would show the Icon on the operation screen ready to be activated, state two would show the Icon as the water is filling, and state three would show the Icon has completed filling. A video would be great!!

Thanks
Ralph
0 link
Shane
Shane

7/19/2019
Not in a position to make a video tutorial at the moment but basically what I do is first in the ladder you need to pick a register, say D0000. This will be specified on the multi-state lamp. Then use status bits and an SOTU to move 0, 1, 2, 3, etc into D0000 during each mode. The states in the lamp use D0000 and change state based on the 0, 1, 2, 3 value.

Alternately, if you are already using a register rather than bits to set the modes you can just use that register to show the mode or use the mode register and an LC command "load compare" to conditionally move the proper mode to D0000.

Hope that makes sense. If not, when I have some time in front of my computer I can draw up an example.
0 link
Ralph
Ralph

7/20/2019
Hey Shane,

If you could draw up a quick example that will lead in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ralph
0 link
Shane
Shane

7/23/2019
What PLC & HMI are you working with? When I have some time, I will build an example using the parts you are using.
0 link
Ralph
Ralph

7/24/2019
Shane,

We are using the FC6A-D16R1CEE PLC and HG2G-5FT22TF-W HMI Touchscreen.

Thanks
Ralph
0 link
Shane
Shane

7/24/2019
Many ways to accomplish this, here are a couple examples. On the HMI screen you can press the bit buttons to move a value to D0000 which will change the state of the lamp or you can just enter a value of 0-2 in the numeric input on the HMI and the Multi-state indicator lamp will change. Additionally, the ladder logic in the WindLDR program will let you set M0, M1, or M2 to move a 0-2 value into D0000 and the HMI lamp will also change. You can try the HMI inputs and display in simulation mode, to test the PLC version you'll need to download it to a PLC and HMI.

These should give you some ideas. Oh, I didn't set the IP's and comm settings so you'll need to set that up if you want to download these to hardware.
edited by Shane on 7/24/2019

0 link
Ralph
Ralph

7/26/2019
Shane,

Thank you so much for your help with the multi-state lamp setup. I was able to set up the HMI and PLC and use one Icon to to show multiple states. The PLC forum is a great tool especially for people like myself with very limited experience or training in programming. I sure that there will be more question coming!!!

Thanks
Ralph
0 link