HomeSmartAXIS Controllers

Our newest micro PLCs tailored for low I/O controls but packed with abundant features.

Timer Preset Error and Retention Messages in this topic - RSS

ECM
ECM

4/3/2018
I have a timer in the PLC program. I am using a popup screen with a numerical input to change my preset. The preset is the destination of my numerical inupt. Once changed, the TP/CP fault will flash. The modified value will also revert back to the original on a power down.

I am looking to make the change to the preset, no fault and keep the new value.

Any thoughts??
Thx in advance.
0 link
Don Pham
Don Pham
Administrator

4/5/2018
If the preset values of the Timer is not a fixed value, then I suggest that you change the Preset to a data register instead of a constant. Once you changed it to a data register, you can change the value of the preset in the data register and the TP/CP (timer preset/counter preset) message won't show up and the values in the data register is retentive.
0 link
TrisWood
TrisWood

4 days ago
Hi..I found the same issue with retained TA timer. if the timer is not counting (running) when the PLC reset's or power cycle, then the current value retained as should be. But! if a retained direct contact is used to trigger the timer, and its status is "1" when the PLC Resets/Power cycle, then the TA timer status returns with current value off ZERO (instead of continue the countdown as expected), and the output bit is "1", all before the preset time actually elapsed.
0 link