United Nations Global Compact
In February of 2009, we announced our participation in and signed the "United Nations Global Compact (UNGC)." As a UNGC participating company, we support the 10 Principles. We are strengthening our network with other participating companies and organizations and striving to contribute to society, with an understanding of our CSR activities from a global perspective.
The Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
See the following website for details regarding the United Nations Global Compact.